Katie and Kissie

Katie and Kissie

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Turn that frown upside down :D

      I had some really bad news yesterday, a horse from Pople Ridge was put down. Her name was Breezy and she was the first horse I rode and the first horse I fell off of. She was always so kind and gentle and let the little kids pet her big, soft nose. She was always so careful with people she never hurt anyone. She was my favorite horse at the farm and I miss her.
But getting a birthday present in the mail from my grandpa and seeing my horse made my day a little better.
 My birthday present was a carrot stick (which is similar to what a whip looks like but different), and a Parelli halter and lead rope.  I can't wait to use them on Kissie. I am sure she's a little rusty, but we will get her back into shape!   I'm not sure if use the carrot stick on Kissie or my brother Zack! 
 I bought some carrot treats to give to Kissie I fed her some today, she likes them. She looks really cute in her new winter blanket that Nana and Grandpa  gave me. And they sent up the her nose band for her bridle. Thanks Nana and Grandpa, I really do appreciate all that you are doing for me! 
I had riding lesson today and it was fun, we did a lot of exercises! Lisa is a really fun instructor. At the end of the lesson she let us ride bare back!  It was so much fun! Next lesson she wants to put her on a lunge line and see if she can get her to Canter, that would be so cool.  I love Kissie. I always complained about being short, but now I really want to stay short for a long time so I don't get too big for her. :(

       Kissie turned my frown upside down, I love her so much!    


Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment