Katie and Kissie

Katie and Kissie

Monday, February 21, 2011

When is a lesson not boring?


When it's given on the back of a horse!
I would really love to give lessons someday, and my little Sis is my guinea pig right now.
It's fun to watch her expessions and remember how nervous I was all those years ago when I was 7 and had my first lesson at Pople Ridge. I can remember how big the horse was, and how scary it was to stand next to it.  I also remember my instructor at the time made me more frightened of the horse than I needed to be.  I want Allie to respect the horse, and know how to be around them safely, but I do not want her to fear them, especially Kissie. Respect does not mean fear.  SO here is a couple of videos to see some of what we did.



I introduced Allie to Kissie. How to mount properly, and then dismount. Allie needs to work on her core muscles, this will help her balance on the horse. And she needs to work on basic riding technique. Posture, heals, etc.  I didn't want to throw too much at her today, just get to know kissie.






This one we made special for Nana and Grandpa. :)




More to come later,

Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment