Katie and Kissie

Katie and Kissie

Monday, October 25, 2010

Playing in the Mud

The mud season has arrived....and its everywhere.  Kissie does not really care for mud, and didn't want to cross it to see me tonight-even when I tried to bribe her...hmph!  Well....that meant that I had to go out to get her, and I almost lost my nice riding boots in the process. 
We lunged tonight. She did well, and was pretty frisky after..so I think I should've lunged her some more.  When I go back Tuesday I may have to lunge her before I ride, but we'll see.

Spent some time checking out her legs and hooves tonight. I washed them off and checked for any scratches or injuries.  She really didn't care what I did as long as I let her keep eating the grass in the yard. But everything looks great!

Trying to get her, and me, into a routine.  I want to be riding at least 2 times a week and lunge her two times.  I really don't want her to think that everytime she sees me I want to ride her, but I need to get her, and me, into shape :) 
My lesson will be on Saturday this week, so I want to get there at least on Tuesday and Thursday to practice some more.
Have a great Monday :)

Katie

1 comment:

  1. Love your posts Katie! Your horse is very pretty. Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete