Katie and Kissie

Katie and Kissie

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Special "K"

Well, I had my first lesson with Lisa last night, I really like her!  Its funny how different all of my instructors are in their way of teaching.  Everyone has their own opinions about horses, and taking care of them.  At first I was a little nervous about beginning with someone new.  But after giving it a lot of thought, I think I might have figured it out.  I need to listen to everyone's advice and figure out what works best for me and Kissie.. I think everyone has something to teach us.  Dad says we always should be learning and experiencing different things,  good things anyways,  helps us to learn. So instead of worrying that I might be doing something wrong.  Or that I might be doing something different than the next person.  I am going to just learn everything I can while with the person I am with, while I have the chance.  Kinda like going to school.  A lot of people say where I go to school is bad...this really bugs me...yeah it really isn't a great place.  Yeah a lot of kids do really stupid things, but I am not them.  If I put Kissie in a pen with a bunch of untrained horses she will not forget everything she knows! She has me and I have God and my parents to help me UGH!

The lesson was awesome, I really like Lisa and she was really nice but tough!  .  Our goal right now is to get Kissie into shape.  She is worried about her weight, but it is already going away.  I think by spring she will be in shape to do some open shows.  I need to spend time on her and work her. 40 minutes of riding or 20 of lunging.  My next lesson is next Thursday...can't wait!

We Bagged Kissie's tail last night, and clipped her bridle path. She wasn't impressed with the clippers, but Debbie helped  and we went really slow, and let Kissie get used to the sound. They all love Kissie, and they all say how calm and comforted she is when I am around. I love to hear that! I love her!


Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment